2. Be specific and concrete. Not "I want to earn an extra $1,000" but "I want to earn an extra $1,000 per month by March 15." State your goals in measurable and attainable terms.
3. Make the time. If you want to meet with potential clients three times a week, set up the appointments and write the dates and times in your calendar.
4. Easy does it. Start slowly. Do not expect to run a marathon by February if you cannot make six miles now.
5. Do it differently. If you have made the same old resolution for 10 years and never been able to keep it, do something different this time. If nothing changes, nothing changes.
6. Accentuate the positive. Better to say what you can do rather than what you cannot. Instead of "I can't sell or I hate selling," say "I am building lasting relationships with potential clients."
7. Start over if you need to. Do not let a slip cause you to quit the whole program.
8. Share your resolutions with a friend. It is easier to be accountable with a friend who cares.
9. Believe in yourself. Use positive self-talk, affirmations, encouraging notes on the bathroom mirror.
10. Celebrate your successes. Congratulate and reward yourself.